Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Atlantic Monthly Archives -- What a Resource!

.
I recently came across the . What a resource! The last 15 years' Issues are available for free. This is a rich resource for the avid, inveterate reader.

Here are the URLs:  Atlantic Monthly website; Back Issues

I am glad that it is still around today, alive and kicking, when print media all over the world are struggling.

In just one day, I read what Orville Wright said to reporters immediately after his epoch-making first flight, what Churchill said to Eleanor Roosevelt over dinner, discovered Edward Lear, read about the stirring story and poem of Barbara Fritchie and many, many articles that are both, readable and informative.

Plus, it links me to literally hundreds of books that I would not otherwise read - I shall acquire and read most of them one day.

Oh! Why do we have only 24 hours in a day? Why do we need to sleep?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment